Monday, January 17, 2011

Vermicelli Salad


(This is a 2 part salad. The first part needs to marinate overnight.)

Yes, this salad looks kind of gross but it is SO good! I like to take it to potluck's and it's always one of the first to go. I took this one to Kate's homecoming Sunday.




Cook about 12-16 oz. spaghetti

drain then put into bowl with lid, then add Oil, Lemon juice, seasoning salt and Accent. (yes I know Accent is very controversial, but it won't taste as good without it...and I have been using it for years)

Mix them together (I like to do it while the noodles are still a little warm) put the lid on, and set in the fridge over night.
Get two knives and cut through the noodles a few times to make them into short pieces (don't forget this part! I did, and had to do it when everything was mixed and that's a lot more work)

The next day, chop up your celery, onions and green pepper

I like them chopped up really fine, so I use my handy dandy mini chopper! ...I use this for salsa too....

See... nice tiny pieces



If you're going to be in a hurry the next morning like I was, chop these up the day before and put in a zip loc bag in the fridge so that all you have to do the next day is dump everything in.

The next day, dump in your veggies, olives (Ha ha! They look like eyes) pimento's and mayo

Mix it all up and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. It get's better with time!

Recipe for Vermicelli salad

1 16 oz. package spaghetti noodles
4 Tbsp. Oil
3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Accent (MSG)
1 Tbsp. Seasoning salt
mix together. Cut noodles into small pieces, cover and refrigerate over night.
The next day add
1 C. chopped green pepper
1/2 C. chopped onion
2 C. chopped celery
2- 40z. can's chopped olives
1- 40z. jar chopped pimento's
1-1/2 C. Mayonnaise
Mix together and let sit in fridge at least 2 hours before serving

No comments: